Friday, March 1, 2013

It's a three-ring circus here

Tonight is Friday Night With Friends and I was SO prepared to get so much completed.  But we all know about the best laid plans.

I have 2 dogs and a cat who know better than to interrupt a very important sewing night.  But my daughter and son in law have flown to Queensland today to attend a family wedding (lucky things) and I have now to look after a menagerie of 4 dogs, 3 cats, a rat and several fish.  Okay, the rat and fish know how to behave themselves...but that leaves the rest.  And I musn't be hard on them, they are missing their favourite people.

One of my projects for tonight was to complete the clamshell block which is a part of the Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt I am making.  I only needed to do the last two rows...but they took me forever with all the household disturbances.  Plus the fact that the final row was a case of 'if anything can go wrong it will'.   But here it is..done.  And so am I...lol.
Thankyou Cheryll for hosting Friday Night With Friends, I really love taking part in it and then reading all the blogs by the other ladies and seeing their fabulous stitching.

14 comments:

  1. You did very well with all that distraction going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a mammoth effort with all the extras in the house!!!
    Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been hard to concentrate on that block with all those cat and dogs around. I love all your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the menagerie are behaving themselves lol. Love your block and you also have many other wonderful things on your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clam shells look great, Kali.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your clamshells Kali. Hope you enjoyed your "company".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of Friday night with friends! Will have to join up next month - sounds like fun!

    Your block is beautiful Kali.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your clamshells....sounds like an eventful night in with all your furry and finned friends. You got some stitching done so that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, it's absolutely gorgeous! I adore the fabric you chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your block and fabrics are lovely Kali. Have never made clamshells but love the look of them.
    I can imagine it would be hard keeping your animal menagerie in order. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The background fabric for the clam shells is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your block.
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete