Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's A New Year

I can't believe it is so long since I posted.....perhaps moving house three times in one year has caught up with me.  Admittedly the last move was only from one end of the house to the other, but it took 7 hours with the three of us working like there were no tomorrows.  And now I've decided I like living at the other end better...so there is still one more move to come.  I wonder what other people do for entertainment :)

But I've been a good girl and got some priorities worked out, and have finished a very fiddly row of stitching.
I joined in with Cheryll of Gone Stitchin' in her Friday Night With Friends.  It surely was a great motivator.
And for hours and hours of sewing, I have one very fiddly row of Mittens which are part of the Row Along with Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet.


I've also been working on some blocks from Green Tea and Sweet Beans.  I adore this quilt by Jen Kingwell from Amitie and couldn't wait to get started on it once I had bought the pattern book and the starter kit.  I must say I have heaps of fabrics that work perfectly with the starter kit, so I have a huge pallet to work from.
So here are a few piccies of my progress so far....



I am loving both of these projects and will enjoy working on them through the year.  I am going to try really hard not to begin any new large projects until I've completed a growing list of UFO's...apart from making gifts that are always needed at the end of the year.

6 comments:

  1. Spectacular work as always Kali! Have fun moving yet again!!



    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogland! I love the green tea and sweet beans quilt too and really want to make it one day. Your blocks look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, back to blogging. Stay cool in the horrible weather.
    Those mittens are too cute!! and that newspaper fabric is just gorgeous!!
    See you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mittens... they always seem so Xmassy to me somehow! I enjoyed your company at FNWF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks. Love those little mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the FNWF
    Enjoyed my visit

    ReplyDelete