Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Row of Stars

I really can't see this year lasting too long judging by how quickly the past week disappeared.  I've just completed this little row of stars from the Bee In My Bonnet rowalong.  There are actually 16 little stars but to fit them all in the picture I had to stand too far back.  Yes, I know, I could have folded the row in half...but didn't arrive at that solution till the camera was safely tucked away.  It's Sunday...I'm feeling lazy.  I've done a few other bits and pieces during the week, but nothing worth talking about at this stage.
There is also news on the house renovation.  We have found a builder we really like, and have decided to begin on the outside.  New roof, new wiring, new cladding, new double glazed windows...and all insulated within an inch of its life.  And finished to be the most fireproof it can possibly be..ie no places for embers to blow into or under as we do live in a very bushy area in the Dandenongs.   And the good news is that Mick says he should be able to begin work in late February.  So that makes my little heart very happy.
Once the outside is completed we should be able to stretch to a new kitchen and a new bathroom....that will be heaven after the tired old ones we've put up with for the past year.  I must get busy this week and take the 'Before' photos.

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Kali!

    What fantastic stars - love them!

    Good luck with your renos. We are in the same boat here, but I can't even get Spotlight to come around to give me a quote on new curtains! Hopeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your row of stars. Have your reno's started yet?

    ReplyDelete