Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spotty Dresdens

It really does appear that I've achieved nothing much in the way of quilting if you are judging by the lack of posts on my blog lately.  However, I do have to 'fess up' that I have actually temporarily lost two completed quilts due to my most recent move.  You might wonder how I can lose two quilts.  Well, it's easy when your sewing room is littered with packing boxes while trying to juggle things around moving time.  So...there are two more gorgeous quilts..somewhere.  One is beautifully quilted by Hermoine and was just awaiting the sewing on of the binding (which didn't happen as I had packed my walking foot).  It is the Jan Patek quilt which I have shown in an earlier post.  The other lost soul is a Christmas quilt designed by Anni Downs.

So...I have another quilt now, and managed to not lose it during the move.  I just had to make a Dresden Plate quilt...never made one before, and really wanted one.  I decided to make it pretty bright, and use all the different spotty fabrics in my stash.  I tried to use all the ones I had, but believe it or not, there are plenty of spots that didn't make it into this quilt.   I'm really pleased with this little stashbuster..lovely and bright and fresh.
I had Hermoine of Lorien Quilting     Lorienquilting.com   quilt this little baby, and she did a fantastic job of it.  I'm so glad she lives close by and can just drop my tops off and know she will do something amazing. I picked up the quilt yesterday, and then the cat had to give her royal katly stamp of approval.

This morning I trimmed the quilt and prepared the binding...still feeling quite smug that I had managed to NOT lose this quilt...and here are the photos to prove it.  I will be sewing down the binding this week while I am at Carrum Downs Quilters....I find I enjoy applying the binding so long as there is plenty of chatter around me to keep my mind occupied.




2 comments:

  1. Wow Kali - how beautiful is that Dresden Plate quilt! Love everything about it.

    How is your new place going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning quilt Kali, the colours really pop! You must be so pleased with the results of all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete