Sunday, September 18, 2011

Flora and Fauna

I don’t have much to show in the way of sewing this time as I’ve been working on a project which is to be a gift for my Christmas Gift partner Gillian.  It wouldn’t do for her to find out what this gift is in advance…might just spoil the fun a bit!

It’s a little bit sad at our house this week as Rhyll is leaving for Canberra permanently on Friday.  For a couple of years she has been doing her job remotely, but the time has come to step things up a bit and take promotions etc.  We get along really well and will both find it strange to just talk to the walls (and in my case the dogs and cat).  So keep ourselves busy we have been putting little finishing touches to all the painting we have just completed…here is Rhyll hard at work. Not sure that she is either flora or fauna, but here she is anyway.

100_0255

The garden is starting to look beautiful and it is wonderful to just wander and see what nature has been up to.  I decided to plant some Silver Birches in the front garden last year and they are growing so fast.  There a lot of Azalia bushes in amongst the Birches and it is going to be very pretty as the trees grow.

100_0248

Last year a friend gave me some plants which she called Euphorbia.  I’d never seen them before, so obviously they weren’t something that grows in Brisbane.  This little patch of them is looking stunning and they are such an amazing plant to see

100_0249

100_0250

And this last flower photo comes courtesy of my neighbour…because I thought the bush looked ugly in my garden and ripped it out before I knew how fabulous the flower is.  What a duffer I can be at times!

100_0251

I visited my daughter in Upwey in the Dandenongs last week and had a wonderful time.  I was pet sitting while they attended a wedding on the Sunshine Coast in Qld.  Of course I just had to visit the gorgeous little patchwork shop at Tecoma a couple of times, and had a lovely visit with Ramona….my but her house and garden are just gorgeous!   I also visited a display village of Granny flats and was SO impressed with them.  So at present I am making plans to live in the Upwey area in a gorgeous granny flat, and join in all the fun that the quilters have there.  Can’t wait!   It has taken me most of this year to finally decide to go to live in this area but I am really pleased with my decision now.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to hear from you Kali! Good luck with your eventual move to Upwey - such a gorgeous part of the world!

    ReplyDelete