Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Crow’s Christmas Gathering

It was a big day yesterday at The Quilted Crow.  The occasion was the Christmas Gathering.  These Gathering days have always previously been held at the old hall at Campania, but now that the Crow girls have moved their nest into the beautiful old church building at Newtown, they decided to hold it there.  And I have to say it was a huge success.

Our guest tutors for the day were Sue Daley of Patchwork with Busy Fingers and Simone Gooding of May Blossom.  Both had beautiful projects for us to work on for the day if we wished, and they also brought along samples of the goodies that can be made using their patterns.  Oh my!!  Temptation abounded.  I did bring home a couple of patterns for Sue’s designs plus the paper pieces for making them.  I have always been a big fan of paper piecing, but was blown away by Sue’s designs.

Unfortunately my photos haven’t turned out too well because of the lighting, but here are a few of my favourites.

100_0166

100_0170 100_0171

And here are some of the very cute things that Simone designs.  I would have loved to have made some of these things, but I can’t stand to touch wool…so I just admire from a distance.

100_0172 100_0177

100_0175

And here are a couple of photos of some of the ladies enjoying their day out.  I feel so inspired by all the beautiful work I saw yesterday that I shall spend several hours sewing today.  Just need to decide which project will claim my attention.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like youhad a fantastic day and I love the Sue Daly quilts. I can understand how it will be hard to choose which one to do first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful way to spend a day! The projects are really beautiful, so good to hear you enjoyed yourself Kali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello kali, Loved looking at all the quilts. I especially loved looking at the wool designs. The church stain glass windows are very very beautiful. I have always envy you Aussie ladies and your lovely gatherings. This is rare to non existant around where I live. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete