Friday, October 15, 2010

Back to Dear Jane

For over two years now, my Shabby Jane has been on hold.  I couldn’t remember why I stopped working on her, but I thought if I joined the class at The Quilted Crow it might help to motivate me.  As soon as I opened my book in class to the next block to be done, I realized why I had come to such a screeching halt with my quilt.  It was too darned difficult for me.

But Paula, our teacher for the class, has such amazing techniques and I was quickly on the path to making this little block.  It did take me three weeks, but that was mostly because I was receiving treatment for a frozen shoulder.   I literally had almost no use of my left arm for quite a while.  Anyway, treatment by my chiropractor has my shoulder and arm all freed up now, and the second block which was almost as fiddly, was completed in a day.

So I’m giving myself a big pat on the back now, and absolutely loving being back to my Baby Jane.   Here are my first two blocks since I have restarted.  I think I’m somewhere in the middle of the third row now.

100_0162

1 comment:

  1. Kali, they all look so wonderful. Glad to hear that the shoulder is doing better.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete