Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lunch With A Visiting Scquilter

 

Yesterday I received an email from Anne Saunders who is currently travelling around Tasmania with her husband Bob, letting me know she had two more days in Hobart and could we meet up.   Well I don’t need to be asked twice to go and have a chat with a fellow scquilter, so we arranged to have lunch at The Dome Cafe at Sandy Bay.

I had previously met Anne when she still lived in Buderim and hosted a Scquilters lunch that we both remembered vividly as it was such a fun day.  But it was only weeks after that day that Anne suffered an aneurism and we nearly lost her.   After that we both moved interstate and life took us in various directions, but here we were having lunch today and having a great time reminiscing, sharing stories, discussing our quilting sagas. 

Anne had with her the 140 hearts she received during her recovery time, and I have to say, I had chills down my spine looking at the truly beautiful hearts that so many wonderful women sent to her.  Anne is still deciding how she wants to assemble the hearts, but they sure are going to make a beautiful quilt.

Lunch with Anne

1 comment:

  1. I remember when that happened! It is wonderful to see Anne up and as good as new.

    ReplyDelete