Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Flaunt

This week I completed Block 4 of my BOM from Material Obsession by Sue Ross.  Lot's of set in seams, but I found it went together really easily.

MO Block 4 

Amazing fabric choices, and would never have chosen them myself, but I actually do like it.

I've also been working away on my black redwork stitchery that I wrote about in the last post, as well as doing the next block of my Kim McLean quilt that I also mentioned in the previous post.  And as though all that wasn't enough, the fabric panel from Folklorique jumped out and grabbed me yesterday, so I've begun working on making a fairly simple wallhanging with it.

Aside from stitching, my world has been full of good news this week.  First my younger daughter and DH found rental accom in Melbourne where they can take their 4 pets, so that they can get down to the business of buying a home after their house building dreams came to nothing.  I was quite convinced they would never find a rental that would allow all their pets, but it just goes to show that there are some understanding landlords in the world.

Then eldest daughter has now had two approaches workwise.  Her old boss wants to hire her to work remotely cos nobody else can do what she does...and a new employer is also interested in her.

Then today...went to the doc for my 3monthly diabetic checkup.  He is my new doc cos my regular doc left to have a baby.  He has a very good reputation and I was keen to have a more experienced doc.  I walked in, sat down, he looks at me and says that I don't have diabetes and I never did.  At the worst I have a mild case of insulin resistance.  Halla-bloody-lulia!!!!  It's what I've been saying all along.

My numbers have been too perfect for somebody with diabetes.  So no more 3 monthly visits, and a million other checkups.  I'm just a normal person now...and that feels so good :)



1 comment:

  1. Unusual colours that look lovely together, congratulations on your insulin intolerance,

    ReplyDelete