Monday, November 2, 2009

A Great Day at The Gathering

Finally the weather here has warmed up and I've been out in the garden scratching around like a mother hen.  With all the rain we've had the weeds have created a jungle.  But it is wonderful to see flowers appearing on the roses and all kinds of other plants are flowering too.  For the first time I've planted lettuce and begun harvesting it, and the tomatoes look as though they are ready to go crazy too.  I've also planted a deep pink Magnolia tree, and four Silver Birches...so my yard really will begin to look like a jungle soon.  I'm following Jackie French's theory that if you plant enough plants, there is no room for weeks to grow.  Still a way to go with that though.

I'm slowly quilting a wallhanging.  I've used dubious batting and all I can say is 'never again'.  Everything is slipping around like a drunk...and all because I was too lazy to go to the store and buy some decent cotton batting..tsk tsk.

Twice a year the girls at The Quilted Crow organise a lovely day at the old hall out at Campania, and yesterday was the Christmas/Halloween event.  It was really the Christmas one, but as the day was also Halloween and Deirdre is a Halloween nutter, we all played along with that.  The guest tutors this time were Rosalie Quinlan and Leanne Beasley and what a really lovely and fun pair they are.  Friends since they were 14 years old, they worked together as a fabulous team and had the whole room buzzing with fun and excitement.

It was also fabulous to hear a little bit about Leonie and Deirdre's recent trip to Houston.  Though I kinda think that a lot of what happened at Houston stayed at Houston!

I attended with my friends Michelle and Angie and Sue.  Barb would have been with us, but her ship to Antarctica departed on the previous day as she is about to do further research with her beloved penguins. So here are a few piccies for you Barb, and for my other dear friends reading my blog.

I didn't get any photo's of the whole room which was decorated with a Christmas theme, but in this first shot you get a great view of some of the quilts that lined the stage, and Leonie is about to introduce Leanne to us.

Leanne and Leonie 

As you can see I was peering through the Goodie Bags.  Next photo is one of Mystery girl Michelle and Angie who were fun company for the day.

Mystery Michelle and Angie 

And you can also see a couple of Rosie's quilts hanging behind the girls.

Next comes a photo of THE most gorgeous little bear that Michelle had just finished making.  She is only 2" tall or even less, and the detail on this beautiful bear is absolutely amazing.  I have sat her on a smallish reel of cotton so you can gauge how tiny she is.

Tiny Bear 

When Rosalie and Leanne visited our table and were introduced to Tiny Bear (as I call her, as she is unnamed), they just couldn't believe their eyes.

Rosie and Leanne 

Isn't that the most wonderful photo of Rosie and Leanne?  I love it.  Mind you, Sue in the background will probably shoot me for not cropping her out of the photo...sorry Sue!   You can also see a couple of Leanne's quilts hanging on the far wall.  Silly me forgot to take more photos of the quilts...was too busy just having a good time :)



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a fabulous time. I love Tiny Bear, such a delicate little creature. Yes I agree, a great photograph of Rosie and Leanne.

    ReplyDelete