Thursday, March 26, 2009

Block 3 Breast Of Friends


At last I've finished Block 3 of this gorgeous quilt.  This block seemed to take me ages, until I remembered I did take a week out to sew dog coats for the dogs living in the Victorian bushfire areas.  The poor things have had to sleep outdoors since the fires and it's getting a tad chilly up in the mountains.  Barb and I made 8 gorgeous coats between us, so by now there will be 8 lucky dogs feeling a whole lot warmer at nights.

Block 3

Today my car is being serviced, so as I am stuck at home I might as well get going on Block 4 which is totally different, but enjoyable.

The dogs are totally disgusted because, of course, they haven't had their usual romp on the beach...how do you explain to a dog that occasionally the car needs to be serviced.  When I delivered the car I announced to the mechanics that the Yaris Sandpit was all theirs...one look on the back seat and they understood!

It's been a big week this week.  Once a year a person diagnosed with diabetes, no matter how mild, is sent for a battery of tests which measure progress of the disease and its effects on feet, eyes etc.  A total pain in the ass, but there is no getting out of it.
And on top of that, I had a mammogram booked for this week as well.   But so far the news is all good, and if anything my results seem to be improving with time.  So that puts a nice smile on my face.



3 comments:

  1. Loving the blocks Kali! I'm still working on block 2. I am so pleased your and your car have been given the all clear when you both were serviced recently!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kali your block is beautiful!
    Sounds like you've been a busy girl and I'm very glad for you that health wise things are AOK.
    hugs to you
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete