Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

You can tell that Christmas is close when the shopping centres are invaded by seething masses of humanity and the roads become clogged with at least four times as many cars as normal.  What I want to know is, where do they all come from???  Does every family have a few clones of themselves tucked away that they let loose at Christmas and Easter perhaps?  But the good news is that down here in Tasmania there are less clones than there are in the other capital cities.  And the other good news is that my shopping is done.  All that is left now is a mystery trip to see the doctor tomorrow (it's a mystery cos I don't know why she wants to see me).  But seeing as I'm feeling good, it can't be too serious...maybe she just wants to wish me a Merry Christmas!   And then tomorrow evening will be all the excitement of seeing if Qantas will actually deliver Rhyll to Hobart...or will all the computers go down and strand her in Timbuctoo.  Already they have cancelled her flights and rescheduled her on a later flight, so we shall just sit tight and see what happens.  It's good to have a little excitement in one's life!

I took a few piccies today to show you that the doggies and I are both getting into the festive spirit.  I bought the dogs a new Christmas toy which they have really taken to, especially Molly.  Though later in the day Ebony figured out a way of stealing it from her and hiding it.


000_0001000_0002000_0008

Last Saturday my friends and I met up for breakfast at an eatery at Salamanca Place where we all exchanged gifts and ate wonderful food and just had ourselves a glorious time.  Barb made me this gorgeous table runner.  During the year she has been hand quilting a beautiful quilt made from these fabrics and I always commented on how much I loved the colour combination.  So the dear girl got busy and made this runner for me so I can see the lovely fabric combination every day.  In light of the fact that Miss Ebony still chews on everything she can reach, I've put the runner on top of the doggy enclosure rather than on the coffee table where I just know it would be destroyed.

Michelle gave me a beautiful bead for my Pandora bracelet...it is a starfish with a teensy fish on it...just gorgeous.

Everybody knows I love bunnies...and Angie gave me a fabulous bunny doll that she found at the Penguin Markets.  She now sits atop my thread drawer in the guest bedroom/computer/sewing room...again in a position where puppy teeth can't reach her.

And Sally gave me a lovely stitchery and choccies...she knows the way to this girls heart.

So the cards and gifts have been arriving and I thought I would show you my little Christmas corner in the house.  I never go overboard with decorations because I detest putting them up and even worse, pulling them down.  But this much I can manage.

000_0010
How's this for a funky front door Christmas wreath

000_0011
Hmmm...all the little shiny metallic discs don't show up too well.  Not to worry, you'll just have to take my word for it, that it jumps right out at you and refuses to be ignored.

And last, but not least, you just know it really is Christmas when at least one electrical appliance breaks down.  And this afternoon as I was all set to vacuum up Ebonies latest mess created by much crunching up of sticks etc that she dragged inside.....the vacuum died.  But looking on the bright side, that was much better than the Christmas that the refrigerator died on Christmas eve, in hot muggy Brisbane and I was a few days off giving birth to Rhyll.  We just debunked and landed on Mum's doorstep where we stayed until we had refrigeration again.

To all who are reading my blog I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a really happy and healthy year in 2009.



3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Christmas, lovely Kali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the furbabies are adorable! And I **SO** recognize the quilt-on-the-crate decor.
    Made me go Awwww....
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are now looking forward to a wonderful New Year.
    I hope all was well at the docs too :D
    Elly

    ReplyDelete