Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's All Good!

Today I had to go to the doctor for my three monthly diabetes checkup.  Now I'm only very mildly diabetic, and she is aiming that I keep it that way, or even improve things so that my insulin is acting normally.  How is this possible?  By losing weight...lots of it.   That's the bad news.  But the good news is that I am finally complying, after being in denial about it for a year.  The kilos are coming down nicely, and when she measured my waistline, I discovered I'd lost 9cm from my waist.  Dr Katie was ecstatic about that and made me feel like the most brilliant person in the world.  What a doc hey! I also have to start walking up hills to get a bit more of an aerobic workout which doesn't seem like much fun to me, but I'll see what I can do.  The dogs will love it, that's for sure.

The other reason for this post today is that Elly has requested that I post in larger script so that she can read it.  I totally resonate with that Elly, and I'm hopeful that I can get it right this time.

Yes!!!!  Is there nothing this girl can't do today!!!  lol



4 comments:

  1. Well done! When I come and stay, will I lose 9cm off my waist too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kali! Good for you losing weight! You deserve to feel chuffed about it - a lot of hard work, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done loosing all that weight!! I know how hard that is >G< To go up hill walks I just need to go down hill first then walk back, LOL but just doing it that is the hardest part. I have a treadmill in the garage but it's piled high with stuff, I keep saying to DH to clear it so I can use it.. looks like I might have to clear it myself... if I want to use it.
    The font is so much better :-D Cheers!!
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Kali! You are a champion! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete