Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's been a while.....

But now that winter seems to have returned to us, I have more time inside to play on the computer.  Summer only lasted a few days and now we are back to snow on the mountain again.  I wonder will we have a white Christmas...what a novelty that would be!

My son Mark taught me how to make the printer larger and how to select the colours I want on this blog.  I was managing to do it all by myself, until they gave us the 'new improved' version of Typepad.  So now one has to type it all out, and then highlight, and then select font size and colour.......only a male could have designed that!

This past week I took Ebony to be groomed..it was her first time.  I stayed to help the groomer as we suspected Ebony wasn't going to take this lying down....boy were we right about that!   Anyway, after 90 minutes the groomer had most of her cut short, but no way was Miss E going to allow her face to be groomed.  So she now appears to have a tiny body and a rather large head.   The main purpose of the grooming session was to keep her cool rather than for vanity purposes, and that was certainly achieved.  Last time it stopped raining long enough, we went for a walk and she trotted along happily for the entire distance.  I didn't need to pick her up once cos she was too hot....yayy!
000_0004

I had my birthday recently, and among the gifts given to me (by my older daughter who shall remain nameless) were these little magnetic pigs....very cute.  But do you think she was trying to tell me something????
000_0001
Well I think it must have seeped into my subconscious, cos I am now on my good diet and shrinking in size by the second (or so I like to think).  I'm allowing myself to enjoy Christmas Day, but other than that, I'll be a good girl until my measurements are down to a healthy level.

Will you look at what has happened to one of my latest quilts!  I just couldn't believe my eyes, though I have noticed a few holes happening in other quilts on my bed...but nothing like this one!   It does appear that there is a shark living at my house doesn't it!  But I don't, the author of this handy work is Miss Ebony herself!  She's a shocker...chews at anything, especially if I go out, or am talking on a phone.   I sure hope she grows out of this one fast.  Maybe I should have got the groomer to remove her little fangs as well.

000_0006



3 comments:

  1. Remember that often the gift says more about the giver than the receiver!!!!!LOL That Ebony is lucky to still have a head to be groomed, if I had caught her chewing my precious quilts she may have had it removed altogether! Georgie was a chewer and I seem to recalk it went on for quite some time! Sad to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed looking at your blog and welcome to the Dear Jane list - I do not post often but I am working on my second dear jane, the first still needs to be quilted - I will get to it one day.
    Karen in USA
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a naughty doggie lol... though you'd think butter wouldn't melt with her cute face. You should see the havoc done by 3 house bunnies. hmmm that would make for a good article on my blog one day but I fear people would think I was mad letting them live indoors. hmmm.. Elly

    ReplyDelete