Thursday, September 11, 2008

Swimming For The Animals

No, it's not me that is swimming for the animals, I think I would drown in the bath if I didn't wear a life preserver.  It is my daughter Rhyll who is going to swim across Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra to raise funds for the animals.

On October 10, my daughter Rhyll will be taking on Lake Burley Griffin's legendary flesh eating bacteria, mutant carp and algae cyanotoxins to raise money for World Animal Week.

Rhyll will be swimming (without a wetsuit!) across the lake in 10 degree waters to raise sponsorship money for the World Society for Protection of Animals.

She'll be swimming from the West Basin jetty across to the National Museum, about a distance of one kilometer.

You can sponsor Rhyll per bacteria consumed or for every limb lost to an eel, or you can donate to   www.wspa.org.au/donation_form.asp


If you donate to WSPA could you please let me know so that Rhyll can keep a tally of funds raised by her heroic effort, or you can donate directly to me and I will forward on to her.


I think Rhyll is being very brave and I am being a brave little soldier myself in trying to banish all the natural motherly protective thoughts that pass through my mind from time to time.



1 comment:

  1. Tee hee, yes, banish those motherly instincts, they won't make the water any warmer!
    Thanks for putting this on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete