Saturday, September 13, 2008

One of Those Days

I'm sure everybody has them...Those Days...but do they have them over such trivial matters?  Come to think about it...they probably do.


When I woke up this morning I decided it was time to make a new quilt.  My mind immediately went to a gorgeous set of patterns I bought at The Quilted Crow's Autumn Gathering, called Life's Pleasures & Treasures by Kerry Gillespie   It has all my favourite things, pretty colours, bunnies, pears, flowers, applique, embroidery...in other words it's my idea of heaven.  And I already have all my fabrics gathered together to make the quilt.


But then  as I went to put fresh sheets on my bed I decided to change to lighter weight quilts and decided I needed a new utility quilt.  And I have just the very fabric!!  Actually I have the very fabric to make 20 new utility quilts...but let's not go there.  And I do know which pattern I want to use..that's a huge bonus as I've been known to sascillate for weeks over pattern choice.


Now I could start both of these projects simultaneously, but I'm already working on at least four other large projects at the moment and I don't want to feel weighed down by WIP's.  So, I have to make a decision which is no easy thing for a dyed in the wool Libran.  As soon as my mind settles on one project, it starts reeling back to the other.  What to do!!!!


Think I'll just go and have a cuppa and mull it over a little longer.  Though  Life's Pleasures & Treasures is looking pretty appealing to me at this moment!


It's a really good day to be staying indoors.  The weather is very warm for Hobart at this time of year, but there is a roaring gale blowing....I swear half my garden has flown over to South America by now.


The cat is totally unimpressed that I haven't yet made the wind stop, and Molly and Ebony are impatiently waiting for their walk (which isn't going to happen).



3 comments:

  1. Decisions, Decisions!How difficult it is when so many things keep calling your name! What have you decided to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'sascillate' is that a word? Or are you making up words when it's windy these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...and I thought I checked my typing...I meant vacillate...but you knew that!

    ReplyDelete