Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy Weekend

It's not every day that your firstborn turns the big four 0.  But my son Mark just did that on Friday and we went out to dinner to celebrate.  Actually, I'm still mystified as to how I can actually have a child who is 40, cos I'm just not nearly old enough for that.  I've put it down to that big machine thingy they've been running in Europe...the Collider I think they call it.  With all that smashing of atoms they've managed to create a time warp...and that's how such a young thing as moi can have such an old son.  That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!


I was very sneaky and took along my camera to take a photo.  I thought I could post it on my blog and prove to all those girls who think Mark is a figment of my and Sally's imaginations, that he really does exist.  Alas...it is not meant to be.  Not yet.  Cos stupid typepad won't upload my photo!!!!  Grrrr.


BTW...Sally is Mark's wife and my daughter in law.  And let me tell you, this girl is getting pretty darned fabulous in the patchworking department.  For her first quilt, she makes that absolutely amazing hexagon quilt.  Thousands of tiny little pieces all completely handsewn in beautiful blues and brown.  Stunning.  Then Sally decides she will make another hexagon quilt in even smaller hexagons.  But half way through this masterpiece she has been struck down with an inflamed thumb joint and can't grasp those little hexagons at the moment.   So has Sally's patchworking experience come to a grinding halt????  No way!  This girl has gone crazy with the machine piecing.  She turns out quilts faster than the speed of light and her designs are awe inspiring.  I think she needs to write a book. I'd love to show you photos but I can't get photos onto my blog tonight for some reason.


Yesterday we spent the day at the Christmas Gathering put on by The Quilted Crow at a lovely old hall at Campania.  Our guest tutors for the day were Natalie Bird and Annie Downs...what and lovely and talented pair they were.  We all had a wonderful day and came home tired but inspired.  Annie has a new book about to be released in about a month and I just can't wait to get my little hands on that gem.  I took some more great photos at the Gathering and will upload them when I can.


It is blowing an absolute gale here south of Hobart at the moment and I hope my roof manages to stay on overnight.  I was delighted to look out the window this morning to see that there had been a fresh layer of snow deposited on Mt Wellington overnight...so pretty.  Despite the wind and the snow, the weather is definitely warming up these past couple of weeks.  And that's just as well, as I'm taking Molly the Labradoodle to be shorn tomorrow.  Or should I say...to be groomed.  But I always ask to have as much hair taken off her as possible as she gets so hot and her hair grows at the rate of knots.    And then the next thing I need to do doggywise, will be to take Miss Ebony to the vets to have her speyed.  Oh dear, I shall be a nervous wreck that day.  But it needs to be done, and she is such a cool customer she probably won't turn a hair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment