Monday, September 1, 2008

Autumn Pathways



It's high time I started showing you some of the quilting projects I'm currently working on.  And I thought I would begin with a very enjoyable felted wool project that I'm doing through The Quilted Crow. Deirdre Bond-Abel has designed this as a Block of the Month and I have now completed the four inner squares.  000_0001



Deirdre hand dyes the wool used for the applique pieces, and these are sewn onto brushed cotton.  The effect is stunning.



I think I'm about the receive one of the borders for Month 5, and I can hardly wait!  The wool is beautiful to work with.



4 comments:

  1. This quilt is stunning! I can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kali, so great to catch up with you again, love your little? family. Your puppies are gorgeous, Bo would love them, he is a mature dog now but still looks like a pup. I know what you mean about the mountain view, I love to see the mountains around Coffs Harbour too, not quite as impressive as your Mt Wellington though.
    Love & Hugs
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mum your blog is starting to look fabulous - told ya you could do it hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! Beautiful colours, lots of browns, just how I like 'em...

    ReplyDelete