Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mt Wellington

Just one of the things I most love about living near Hobart is looking at Mt Wellington when she is wearing her winter coat.  Actually, Mt Wellington is a fabulous mountain to gaze upon at any time.  It is constantly changing in appearance. 



Before I moved here, I wondered why people would rather have a view of the mountain than of the river.  But now I completely understand.  I'm one of the lucky ones, and can see both views from different parts of my home.  Though if my lovely neighbour has her way and keeps growing her bushes ever higher, I will have to walk out to the footpath to admire the view of the Derwent.  But I figure, that on a grand scale, that is a pretty miniscule problem.



Last week I remembered to take my camera with me when I went to my local shops.  There is an excellent view of Mt Wellington from there...you'd have to agree.  I wish I had thought to take a pic a few days earlier when the snow cover was much heavier.  Maybe next year.....



000_0005











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful winter coat! Your blog looks great! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kali! I see you've moved even further south! I look forward to catching up with your life soon.
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete